Butts Happen

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

did you ever know, you're my tragic hero?


TV style scanlines! This was just as simple as the halftone tutorial these people did, and the effect is just as amusing. I think I could have used a better photograph for mine, though.
These people know some sinister looking children, seriously.
My version:



This wasn't a very realistic smoke effect, but I've never used Liquefy before so that as an interesting experiment.
Once I'd gotten tired of smearing around smoke, I added some effects of my own and called it good.
My version:



Well this tutorial is basically insane. I tried to do it, then realized it would take way more hours than I was willing to donate, and ended up cutting out a good chunk of the work in the middle. It's a different result, but I'm not displeased, at least.
My version (with a bonus! I altered one of the steps to use what I learned in the smoke tutorial!):



This has some interesting techniques -- again, I didn't learn anything, but I enjoyed watching the artist put all of them together in interesting ways. -- No, hang on, I lied. I realized that I can use the warp/distort options on a single brush stroke. That's brilliant. I've never thought of doing that before.


Pretty simple, pretty straight forward. Applying makeup in Photoshop.


A beautiful tutorial, and some useful information! If you've ever wanted to recreate the Shroud of Turin on, say, your curtains, but don't want to get them stained? Here you go!


How to make a tiny truck! Using the clone tool for more than just hiding things in a picture.


And on the same page, how to straighten the Tower of Piza!

Compositing Images
How to combine two (or more) images, useful and well explained.


Cute and useful! A tutorial about the process of picking the best options for a website's mascot.

50/50

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home